Sunday 12 February 2012

A simple, quick craft!

I am the sort of person who expresses their love through gifts, hand-written letters and through homemade cards.

So, of course, i jumped on the chance to send steve's newly engaged brother an engagement card. 
I simply got a piece of card left over from my wedding thank you cards, sent off a picture of the happy couple to Jessops to get printed (40p - thank you very much!) and used this as the background for the card.
 I love that they haven't seen this picture before, it was one of the candid shots from a friend at our wedding.


Then, my favourite bit - i cut out two simple hearts from felt and hand stitched them onto the photograph before securing it to the card-stock. This project was unbelievably simple. It took no more than ten minutes to finish.

I have recently fallen in love with felt.. its the most versatile material ever and i love the contrast of textures. I may actually be addicted.


[[some recent felt projects - hair-clip, stocking advent calendar and another engagement card]]

No comments:

Post a Comment