Wednesday 22 February 2012

My kind of love.

One of my biggest weaknesses is my tendency to procrastinate, and so knowing this and panicking about all the major work deadlines i have on the horizon, i took drastic action. I had my internet connection disconnected. And let me tell you, it was so freeing. For these last few days, my productivity levels have been through the roof. I highly advise it, take a break from living your life online for a couple of days. You won't regret it.

The observant among you, will have noticed a post appeared on my blog on monday. A fine example, ladies and gentlemen, of blogspot's amazing scheduling function. 

So now, after a week's absence, i'm back. 
Hello! We have so much to catch up on.

First: Valentines day. 

I wrote on this post, that this year Valentines weekend was down to Steve, and it was so needed. One of the most chilled days i've had in a while. I am a type A person, i want to organise, be in control and know exactly what is going on but it was so lovely to sit back and let steve do his thing.

Unfortunately the day started with a 5.30am wake up call for me. This weekend marked the beginning of rowing race season, and so i had the Pembroke Regatta starting at 8am on saturday morning. Boo! 

Here is my gorgeous man, all snuggly in bed when i left him: (man, was that difficult!)

When i got back, cold and covered in war paint, we exchanged presents and cards. Steve's card to me was hilarious. The silly oof had forgotten to get a card before actual valentines day, and so when he arrived at the shop on friday there were none left. My card proudly displayed '..on our anniversary', but as Steve pointed out, it did have a very cute elephant ha! 

Our presents: yummy milk tray and a photobook of our relationship.
A close up of the card i embroidered for Steve.

Then that wonderful husband of mine pulled out some Disney DVDs out of his bag. I have only recently gotten a thing for Disney movies. As a child, they were forbidden in our house - my mum thinks they promote an unrealistic portrayal of life and so didn't want her impressionable daughter exposed to them. Deprived, i know. So recently our lovefilm list has been swamped with all these beauties... We watched them snuggled up in our pajamas, eating the most amazing steak sandwiches (watch out for the recipe posted soon, they were that good!)



As our lives revolve around our stomachs, Steve piece de la resistance was dinner. Sea Bass with mango, chilli and sweet potato mash, and asparagus. Flip me, it was good. I am blessed to have a husband who knows his way around the kitchen. Unfortunately, i was so enthusiastic to get it in my stomach that i failed at taking any pictures of his masterpiece. 

Then to end our weekend in style, sunday brunch at giraffe. I adore their mexican breakfast. It does not get much better than Giraffe brunch with the man of your dreams. 





No comments:

Post a Comment