Tuesday 17 January 2012

Our weekend.

I have found myself at a mental block every time i've come to write this second post. I have wanted to document the pretty ordinary things we've done this weekend (you know, because ordinary is sometimes super nice!).. 

 [[A yummy friday night dinner with my mummy]]
 [[Cuddles with Grim]]
 [[taking down the christmas decorations, at last! with much pouting from me]]
[[A saturday morning treat followed by an epic LOTR marathon - yes, awesome wife right here!! ]]

But  this is not all. It has been an utterly lovely and relaxed weekend - snuggled up in a world of our own. But it is also the second weekend this academic year i have had to return to Cambridge, husbandless for the next two months. And the truth is, that really sucks! 
I start to feel a niggle, deep down in my stomach in the days leading up to the beginning of term. I become a little more ratty, and a lot more emotional because i know that time is slipping away. The day i have to pack up the car and leave is coming. Honestly often my attitude stinks on these days,and i am always completely amazed at how graciously my husband handles mean Maddie :) I'm telling you, this man is a hero.

So here i am, back in the land of endless deadlines and constant high stress levels. In a bizarre alternate universe where i actually miss the snoring, the 6am wake up calls and the lack of space that comes with having a husband to snuggle up to at night. 

But hey, its not all bad.. 


[[the BEST game of nerd gun target practice ever to have been played]]



Yours,


No comments:

Post a Comment